To those who have entered into Colombia without visa and fell in love with, why not apply the student visa? Not difficult. PLUS, Colombia is ideal country to learn proper Español. Check the latest info from here.
- Pay language school tuition at bank
- Receive visa support document from school
- Go to Oficina Pasaportes: Avenida 19 No. 98-03, Ak. 19, Bogotá
What you need
- Support document from school
- *Bank statement for last 6 months
- Passport copy: Main page
- Passport copy: Last entry page into Colombia
* Regarding bank statement for last 6 moths, the average balance has to be bigger than 10 months’ Colombian legal minimum wage, which is COP 689,455 for the year of 2016. I brought my HSBC eStatement and they carefully highlighted the each months balance and googled for exchange rate. Unexpectedly careful.
That’s it. Issued on the spot. Just remind you that this process may vary depends on your nationality, but I believe most of western countries and Japan are treated the same.
For my case at 2016 July weekday, arriving at 9am, I have waited in line an hour at outside. Then at third floor, taking a window ticket, paying visa fee COP55,000, that’s for a half year, and again waited an hour. Thanks to my iPhone Kindle! You saved me. Moving to a booth, and had simple Q&A. Then, they ask you to take your photo, INSTANTLY.
“Look, if you had, one shot, or one opportunity To seize everything you ever wanted…” ONE chance, be careful. They don’t confirm whether you like that photo or not. Again, back to foreigner flock who are all irritated for waiting but want visa, I waited a half hour. FINALLY I’ve got passport with visa at noon. In 3 hours could be done this unproductive process. It depends on the day, as my friend went at 9am and finished at 4pm. Good luck.
BTW, I brought pic, taken at “Foto Japon”, but you don’t need as they would take your photo at booth. On the other hand, you could experience a bit weird experience at “Foto Japon” for COP20,000. They take your photo in a “box”, but not camera machine, it’s manual. Interesting. You could get pic data if you bring your USB for free.